Friday, May 8, 2009

Memaw's 1st Week

Whew! It has been a crazy week, I am sure Memaw is worn out and ready for a break, but there is not one till next week. We are resting today at home actually and then tomorrow is a possible crawfish boil and then Sunday is the ASTROS game. I am so excited to take Memaw and all my mommies to the game. We bought Memaw a shirt yesterday so she will be in perfect form for the game. YAY!!!



This week has been so much fun. Memaw's plane was about 35 minutes late due to weather, but she made it safe and sound. We went to the store on Monday and got some goodies for the week and her beloved Blue Bell (which she did say she wasn't going to buy again b/c the price is ridiculous. remember when you could get 2/$5? oh...the good ole days). Tuesday we chilled and Wednesday we went to lunch in Texas City so Memaw could see all of her friends and some family. She wondered why Mom put this together for her, but i think she had a great time. We saw Lily Bear, Julie and Mike last night for wings at BW's. Memaw was super sweet and treated us. We got to visit and Lily played with Memaw. I think Julie got a little nervous a few times with Memaw holding Lily b/c Lily would start to go south, but each time Memaw recovered her and did great.

I have noticed her being around the kids - i am always offering to help her pick them up or put them down, but she very much wants to do it on her own and i think that is fabulous and she is doing great. I love having her here with me during the day so when i have gotten a few moments to have adult conversation - i actually have an adult to talk to, still getting used to someone being here with me. I am glad it's Memaw.

Peyton is already pulling himself to a sitting position and sometimes he sits for a minute or so, other times a few seconds and then he rolls over. He has learned to splash and makes a bigger mess in the bathtub than Madden. I never thought someone could make a bigger mess than Madden with all his toys and bubbles. And Madden is doing better everyday with the potty - he only goes through 4 or 5 pairs of underwear (not panties as i am told by my husband). it is partially our fault b/c we will let too much time go by without asking, but at least i am not having to clean up poop! They are both so vibrant and playful and everyday i realize more and more how much i am blessed.

I am going to rant for a minute - i have been working on this blog all day - little things get me distracted and then i just can't get back to it right away and in the course of the day today something happened that really disturbed me. My cousin-in-law called her daughter an idiot publicly on facebook and people thought it was funny. I do not find this funny that someone would call their child an "idiot". Throughout a list of comments that were made others thought it was funny then my cousin said "Retard" in place of "idiot" and my word in return is "ASSHOLES". Children are such beautiful people and we as parents are so blessed to have them in our lives; but, to think that it is ok to talk in such an offensive way - is really immature and not parental at all. There was a subject brought up on fb after i made an "asshole" comment about me leaving peyton in the car. we all make mistakes as parents, but the word "idiot" is not seen as a mistake as i openly declared leaving peyton was. And i do not post things in this blog to be thrown up in my face later when i openly criticize. I personally think it is wrong to call children names, ie. stupid, idiot, retard, etc....... and to be slapped in my face for something that i was clearly very upset by is not ok with me. It is a shame that their children have to grow up in an unnuturing environment and i fear for their future - they will probably turn out just like their parents - negative, selfish and ugly on the inside people. and i don't care who i piss off.
have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment